Senior Maintenance Manager
Kansas State University Salina Aviation Department is seeking a Senior Maintenance Manager to oversee the Aviation Maintenance Section.
- Conducts aircraft inspections and all other aircraft inspections as needed to support FAR Part 141 and 61 Flight Operations.
- Supervises/conducts aircraft maintenance and repairs to support FAR Part 141 and 61 Flight Operations.
- Serves as the point of contact for flight maintenance issues with the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA). Serves as the point of contact for flight operations for Aviation Maintenance Section’s maintenance scheduling . Coordinates KSU aircraft emergency response support with the Salina Airport Authority.
- Manages Aviation Maintenance Section to ensure safe and efficient operations and compliance with all federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s), industry standards, university and departmental policies. Assigns aircraft to the Professional Pilot Flight Training Schedule.
- Prepares and provides weekly maintenance, maintenance support equipment status reports as well as forecast of maintenance needs to Chief 141 Pilot and Department Head. Coordinates contract service needs for off campus repair/maintenance of aircraft. Directs department personnel in procurement of aircraft parts, acquisition/disposition, shipping, and equipment calibration/maintenance needs; and state purchasing requirements for the flight maintenance bid process for transactions over $5,000. Supervises Aviation Maintenance Section classified and student employees. Reviews Employee Billable Hours Report to ensure workforce productivity. Supports and attends departmental events and activities.
- Supports and attends departmental events and activities. Assists in developing, coordinating and fostering FAR Part 141 and Part 147 unit collaboration within Aviation Department.
- Associates degree in Aviation
- Four (4) years of full time general aviation maintenance experience
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- FAA Inspection Authority (IA)
- Ability to maintain professional, harmonious relations with a diverse population
- Must be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work varied hours during campus events or aircraft emergencies
- Must be willing to relocate with 30 minutes for emergency on-call when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area.
- Two (2) years experience as a supervisor or lead
- Four ((4) years of experience working on Cessna Single Engine & Beechcraft Singe and Twin Engine Aircraft
- King Air maintenance experience
- Two (2) years experience working with Total-FBO (Fixed Base Operator)
- Experience or training in Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s)
$55,000 TO $65,000
HOW TO APPLY:
Send letter of application, resume, and the names of three current professional references (addresses and telephone numbers) to: Lowell Hinchee, Search Chair c/o K-State Salina, 2310 Centennial Rd.; Salina, KS 67401 or e-mail: email@example.com with the subject line: 2012 SR MAINTENANCE MGR
Screening of applications begin October 1, 2012 and continues until position is filled.
Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Check Required