AVIATION MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTOR
REQUISITION NO. 4619
Kansas State University Salina invites applications for a full-time instructor with program leadership duties in the field of Aviation Maintenance. This is a 9 month position.
K-State Salina is home to the College of Technology and Aviation and offers Associate and Bachelor’s degrees in the fields of professional pilot, aviation maintenance, unmanned aircraft systems, engineering technology, technology management, social work, family studies and human services; and personal financial planning, as well as a professional Master of Technology Degree.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position has six (6) hours of teaching per semester with a balance of program leadership duties. Candidates should be prepared to develop and teach undergraduate level courses in Aviation Maintenance and advise undergraduate students as needed by the department. Candidates should have a commitment to work with a wide range of constituents and a diverse population.
- Bachelor’s degree
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Five (5) years minimum technical experience in the aviation maintenance industry
- Two (2) years minimum successful teaching experience in higher education at the undergraduate level
- Ten (10) years of aviation technical experience in civil aviation
- Five (5) or more years successful teaching experience in higher education in a FAA Part 147 Program
- Experience in distance education and/or integration of computer technology into instruction
- Experience in student learning outcomes, program review and assessment
- Demonstrated ability to attract extramural funding
$60,000 TO $75,000 D.O.Q. (Depending on qualifications)
SCREENING OF APPLICATIONS
Begins October 15, 2013 and continues until the position is filled.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send letter of application,
- brief statement describing teaching philosophy,
- curriculum vitae,
- teaching evaluations,
- letter evidence of scholarly achievement and/or potential,
- copy of FAA Airframe and Plowerplant Certificate.
- Names of three (3) current professional references that have knowledge of the applicants’ academic and career experience. (Include e-mail address and telephone number)
Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Complete application packages should be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact Evan Beckman, Aviation Maintenance Search Chair at 785-826-2978.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer. Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required.