Assistant Director of Fiscal Affairs
K-State Salina is seeking an Assistant Director of Fiscal Affairs. This is a 12 month full-time position which will report directly to the Director of Fiscal Affairs.
This individual stays current on Federal, State, and University Policies and Procedures for accounting, purchasing, grants and contracts. This individual will work with the Director by reviewing the financial information system (FIS) to ensure all college funding sources are within budget and will assist the Director in managing fiscal year budgets in accordance with department needs and expenses. He/she will manage the Cashier’s area and will be responsible for the daily business functions including management of revenue, billing, deposits and receivables. This individual will serve as the key resource to PI and departmental personnel in all matters relates to University policies for proposal development and submission of grants. He/she will act as administrator of Image Now Software for the Salina campus.
- Bachelor degree
- 3 years demonstrated experience with managing budgets and other accounting related duties
- Demonstrated software project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to train and direct the work of others
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, leadership, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff within the organization
- Extensive experience in MS Office, especially Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple project simultaneously to meet deadlines
SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $60,000 Depending on qualifications
HOW TO APPLY: A complete application package will consist of a letter of interest, resume, names and contact information of three current, professional references that are familiar with the professional experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Complete application packages should be sent electronically to email@example.com Questions, please contact Alysia Starkey 785-826-2616.
Screening of applications begins October 18, 2013 and continues until the position is filled.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer. Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required.